Developed for top-ranked, high-achieving juniors and seniors, the Upper Class Program provides the opportunity for students to enroll in any course in which they qualify. Students may be eligible to enroll in as many as 18 college credit hours per semester.
Eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.3 or higher.
- High school class rank in the upper 15% for seniors (where applicable).
- High school class rank in the upper 10% for juniors (where applicable).
- Written endorsement from your high school principal or counselor (available on SPAN application).
- Standardized test scores (e.g., SAT, ACT, PSAT) are not required for admission, but may strengthen the application if the cumulative GPA is slightly below 3.3.
Students who may not be eligible for the Upper Class Program may be considered for the Running Start Program. Please feel free to contact the SPAN Division if you have questions about program eligibility.