The Running Start Program is open to high school freshmen and sophomores. Juniors and seniors who are not eligible for the Upper Class Program may be considered for the Running Start Program. Students are limited in total credit hours taken per semester and are restricted to 100-level courses. Eligibility requirements are listed below.
Open to Freshmen, Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors
Freshmen and Sophomores
- Cumulative GPA of 3.3 or higher.
- Rank in the upper 10% of your high school class (where applicable).
- Written endorsement from your high school principal or counselor (available on SPAN application).
- Standardized test scores (e.g., SAT, ACT, PSAT) are not required, but can strengthen an application if the cumulative GPA is below 3.3.
- Homeschooled students: Please see the homeschoolers section of the SPAN website.
Juniors and Seniors
Please feel free to contact the SPAN Division if you have questions about program eligibility.