IUPUI awards tuition scholarships each academic year to academically eligible George Washington High School (GW) junior and senior students engaged in coursework at the Indianapolis campus through the IUPUI SPAN Division. GW students who meet the eligibility requirements must submit a complete application packet to the IUPUI SPAN office by March 15 of each academic year. Packets must be complete* and must include the following:
George Washington High School Students
1. SPAN Application Form
- This is the application for IUPUI admission. The form must be completed and signed by the student and a high school administrator or guidance counselor.
2. Grade Transcripts
- An official high school transcript.
3. Recommendation Forms
- Applicants must submit two recommendation forms. The forms must be completed by a teacher, guidance counselor, or administrator at George Washington.
- Essay question (250 words or more): What life experiences have motivated and led you to select your intended college major and career path?
- Essay must be typed and will be evaulated based upon the following criteria: level of motivation in pursuing an accelerated college immersion program, high quality of writing that includes no more than a few minor grammatical or punctuation errors, and an understanding of how program participation will aid student in achieving major and career goals.
*Please note: Partial packets or packets received after March 15 will not be accepted and will not be reviewed for the scholarship. Students are responsible for ensuring that their application packets are completed prior to the March 15 deadline.