IUPUI awards tuition scholarships each academic year to academically eligible Crispus Attucks Medical Magnet High School (CAMMHS) junior and senior students engaged in coursework at the Indianapolis campus through the IUPUI SPAN Division. CAMMHS students who meet the eligibility requirements must submit a complete application packet to the IUPUI SPAN office by March 15 of each academic year. Packets must be complete* and must include the following:
Crispus Attucks Medical Magnet High School
1. SPAN Application Form
- This is the application for IUPUI admission. The form must be completed and signed by the student and the IPS CAMMHS magnet coordinator.
2. Grade Transcripts
- A current and complete high school grade transcript.
3. Academic Recommendation Forms
- Two completed academic recommendation forms. These forms can be completed by high school teachers, guidance counselors, or principals.
- Essay question (250 words or more): What life experiences have motivated you to choose a career in the medical, health, or life science fields?
- Essay must be typed and will be evaluated based upon the following criteria: level of motivation in pursing an accelerated college immersion program, high quality of writing that includes no more than a few minor grammatical or punctuation errors, and an understanding of how program participation will aid student in achieving major and career goals.
*Please note: Partial packets or packets received after March 15 will not be accepted and will not be reviewed for the scholarship.