The IUPUI SPAN Division is one of the oldest, most successful early college entrance programs in the nation. SPAN is a national leader in the immersion model. The immersion model is nationally regarded as the highest academic level and is the most effective and successful method of providing a genuine college course enrollment experience to pre-college aged students for three key reasons:
- Courses are taught by university faculty, so students have access to and interact with professors and researchers.
- Courses are taught on the university campus, allowing students opportunities to be engaged in the full campus cultural experience.
- Courses are populated with degree-seeking university students. Students are able to connect with and learn from college students who have successfully transitioned to higher education.
SPAN participation provides high school students access to:
- IUPUI world-renowned faculty.
- IUPUI world-class facilities.
- IUPUI award-winning academic support, career services, and other campus resources.